GATE 2020 Application Form: GATE 2020 exam date has been announced. It is a national level examination conducted each year. GATE 2020 registration and application form started on 3rd September 2020 at http://gate.iitd.ac.in. To test the aptitude and subject knowledge of the applicant and this exam is conducted every year to get admission at IITs, NITs, IISc in PG programs like M. Tech / M.E / Ph.D. The scores obtaining in this exam also help to recruit employees in public and private sectors undertaking of employment process in India.
The seven Indian institutes of technology and the Indian Institute of science will jointly administrate the conduct of GATE. The operations related to 8 zones are being managed by zonal GATE office at the IITs& IISC. Indian Institute of Technology Delhi is the Organizing Institute for GATE 2020.
GATE 2020 Important Exam Dates
|Starting Date of GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)||Tuesday||03 September 2019|
|Closing Date of Application Submission||Tuesday||24 September 2019|
|Extended Closing Date of Application Submission||Tuesday||01 October 2019|
|Last Date for Change of Examination City||Friday||15 November 2019|
|Downloading of Admit card||Friday||03 January 2020|
|GATE 2020 Examination||Saturday
|01 February 2020
02 February 2020
08 February 2020
09 February 2020
|Declaration of Result||Monday||16 March|
Click here to apply via GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)
Last Date for Submission of (Online) Application (through Website) Tuesday 24th September 2019
- This time the IIT Delhi will be conducted the GATE 2020 exam in the upcoming date of the February 01, 02, 08, and 9.
- Before the GATE examination will be held in the 24 Engineering disciplines in the field of science. Now the Biomedical Engineering is the new subject has introduced as a new paper to the lists of subjects.
Overview Of GATE 2020 Exam
|Exam Name||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Frequency of Examination||Once a year|
|Examination Conducting Institution||Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi|
|Time Duration||3 Hours|
GATE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should have completed their bachelor’s degree in the field of Engineering, Technology, Science, Mathematics from a recognized University.
- Candidates from the Indian nationals and Foreign nationals also can apply.
- Students who are currently pursuing final year programme can attend the GATE exam with the approval of the concerned studying departments.
- There are no minimum and maximum age limit to appearing the GATE exam.
GATE Online Application Processing system (GOAPS) https://appsgate.iitm.ac.in/
- Apply for the exam through online mode.
- Upload the photograph, signature, thumb impression and other relevant documents such as graduation certificate, category certificate (wherever applicable)
- Through debit card/debit card or E-challan.
- Candidates can check the status of the application form.
- Contact the zonal GATE Office in the case of any problems or queries.
- Download the admit card.
- Now the candidate can view your answers marks and gate scores.
Candidates who wish to apply for the GATE 2020 should first to register themselves for the GATE exam. Students must provide their Full name, Email id, mobile number, and choose a password. The newly generated Login ID and password are sent to the registered email address after submitting the registration process.
How to fill the GATE 2020 Application Form?
There are two or three stages to fill the application form for the GATE Exam i.e., Registration, Fill the application form, and finally pay the exam fees.
- All the candidates are register to apply the GATE 2020 exam via GOAPS
- Students are advised to enter the valid details such as the educational details at the time of form filling.
- Then, candidates are redirected to the payment page for ensuring to paying the application fees as per their category.
- Finally, print the confirmation page of the application form for further upcoming process.
Candidates should apply through online mode only. The details of the application fees are mentioned is mentioned below. The application fee is not – refundable.
|Category||Application Fees||During the Extended Period|
|Female Candidates||Rs. 750/-||Rs. 1250/-|
|Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribes/ Person with Disability (PwD)||Rs. 750/-||Rs. 1250/-|
GATE payments should only have made only through online mode only by using debit/credit card, or E- challan modes. Additional charges will be made as per the rule of the bank when there is a transfer of the amount from one account to another account.
GATE 2020 Exam Admit card
GATE 2020 exam admit card will be available to downloading on 03 January 2020. Students can check and download the GATE 2020 exam admit card as per the mentioned instructions as follows.
- Go to the GATE official page
- Select the appropriate link for the Admit card
- Provide the valid details and then submit the details
- Check and download the displayed admit card
- Take a printout for further exam purposes
Check GATE 2020 Admit Card