NTA JEE Main 2020: NTA has been released the official notification of JEE Main 2020 entrance examination. JEE Main January 2020 registration and application form has been started on 03 September 2019. JEE Main 2020 exam will be held from on 06th to 11th January 2020. Before that, JEE Main 2020 January Admit Card will be available to download from on 6th December 2019. JEE Main exam is conducted for getting admission for UG courses B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch./B.Plan into various IITs, NITs, etc.
All the exam applied candidates are requested to refer the JEE Main 2020 exam syllabus and pattern before starting to the exam preparation and also requested to take the mockup test and practice the previous year question papers with solution pdf available on the online mode. From here, candidates can get the more details regarding the JEE Main 2020 registration, exam date, application form, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card/hall ticket, result, cut off, merit list pdf, counselling, etc.
Overview of JEE Main 2020 Examination
|Examination Name||Joint Entrance Examination Main (JEE Main) – 2020 January|
|Exam Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Examination Level||National Level Exam||Frequency of Exam||Twice a year (January & April)|
JEE Main 2020 Exam Dates
|GATE 2020 Notification Released||August 2019|
|Starting Date of Online Submission of Application Form||03 September 2019|
|Closing Date for Submission of Application Form||30 September 2019 (upto 11.50 P.M)|
|Successful Transaction of Application Fees||03 September 2019 to 01 October 2019 (upto 11.50 P.M)|
|Application Correction window||11 to 17 October 2019|
|Printing of Admit Card||06 December 2019|
|JEE Main 2020 Examination||06 January 2020 to 11 January 2020|
|Announcement of Result||31 January 2020|
Latest Announcements of JEE Main 2020
- JEE Main 2020 Exam Pattern has been changed which is decreased as 25 questions from the total number of questions of 30.
- JEE Main has the two separate official portals for registering and filling the online application form i.e., https://jeemain.nta.nic.in and https://jeemain.nic.in
- Application Fees for JEE Main 2020 examination has been increased which is also paid via the online mode at the time of form filling.
JEE Main 2020 Eligibility
Students should clearly know its eligibility criteria before applying the JEE Main examination. We have mentioned below some important eligibility criteria to attend the Joint Entrance Examination Main (JEE Main).
- The Final Examination of 12th system, conducted by any recognized Central/State Board, such as the Central Board of Secondary Examination, New Delhi; Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi; etc.
- Final Examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of National Defense Academy.
- Any Public School/Board/University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 12th system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- A diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of technical education of at least 3 years duration.
- Higher Secondary Certificate Vocational Examination.
- There is no age limit for appearing JEE Main 2020 Examination
- Candidates who have passed their 12th / equivalent examination in 2018,2019 or appearing in 2020 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE Main 2020 Examination.
Note: Candidates who passed class 12th/qualifying examination in 2017 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2021 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE Main 2020.
JEE Main 2020 Reservation
If students want to get an admission from a particular institute based on the JEE Main 2020 score should check the reservation applicable that institute.
|Other Backward Classes (NCL)||27%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5%|
|Person with Disability (PwD)||5% from each category|
JEE Main 2020 Application Form
Candidates who have satisfied the above-mentioned eligibility criteria can apply the JEE Main Application Form 2020 at NTA JEE Main 2020 official website. Before applying the JEE Main 2020 examination applicants should register themselves for ensuring their presence in the examination through the online registration process. The below mentioned five steps are followed while filling the online application form of JEE Main 2020.
- Fill the Application Form
- Upload the Images (Photograph & Signature)
- Pay the Application Fees
- Print the Confirmation Page
How to fill the JEE Main 2020 Application Form
Step 1: Registration
Students should register themselves for the JEE Main 2020 registration in the online mode at the JEE Main 2020 official website https://jeemain.nta.nic.in. In Registration stage, candidates should provide the basic details such as the Full name, a valid email address, a valid mobile number. After submitting the above-mentioned details the newly generated application number and the password will be sent to the registered email address. Students should ensure the application number and password by checking the registered email id and the message received from the registered mobile number to fill the remaining part of the application form.
Step 2: Fill the Application Form
Students should log in the valid application number and password on the JEE Main 2020 official site. In this stage, applicants should provide their basic details like Name, Father and Mother name, DOB, Gender, Category, Educational qualification details, ID proof, etc. Students should check and ensure that the entered details are correct before the submission of the basic and educational details. After submitting this, candidates are automatically navigating into the uploading process of necessary documents.
Step 3: Upload Photograph and Signature
In this stage, the candidate’s photograph and a signature will be uploaded during the form filling process. Students should keep in mind the below-mentioned instructions at the time uploading the photograph and the signature of the candidate.
- Candidate’s photograph should be colored or black/white (but clear contrast)
- The Candidate’s scanned photograph and signature should be in JPG/JPEG format
- Candidate’s scanned photograph should be between 10kb to 200kb
- The Size of scanned signature should be between 4kb to 30kb
Note: Students are advised to upload the correct photograph and signature as the facility for correction in the image will not be given.
Step 4: Paying Application Fees
After the uploading process has been done, subsequently it will navigate into payment gateway for paying the applicable fees for the examination. The application fees may be varies based on the candidate’s category. Candidates can pay the application fees via Credit/Debit/Net Banking/UPI/PAYTM option in the online mode.
|Papers||Category||Application Fee (In India)||Application Fees (Outside India)|
|B.E./B.Tech or B.Arch or B.Planning||General/OBC (NCL)/Gen-EWS||Boys – Rs. 650/-
Girls – Rs. 325/-
|Boys – Rs. 3000/-
Girls – Rs. 1500/-
|SC/ST/PwD/Transgender||Boys – Rs. 325/-
Girls – Rs. 325/-
|Boys – Rs. 1500/-
Girls – Rs. 1500/-
|B.E./B.Tech/B.Arch or B.E./B.Tech & B.Planning or B.E./B.Tech/B.Arch & B.Planning or B.Arch & B.Planning||General/OBC (NCL)/Gen-EWS||Boys – Rs. 1300/-
Girls – Rs. 650/-
|Boys – Rs. 6000/-
Girls – Rs. 3000/-
|SC/ST/PwD/Transgender||Boys – Rs. 650/-
Girls – Rs. 650/-
|Boys – Rs. 3000/-
Girls – Rs. 3000/-
Step 5: Print Confirmation Page
If all the process has been done, before submitting candidates are advised to review and then submit the application form. Finally, students are advised to print the confirmation page for ensuring the payment of a fee. If it is not generated the confirmation page after the transaction immediately contact the concerned bank to update his/her status for fees payment.
JEE Main 2020 Exam Pattern
|Examination Name||Joint Entrance Examination Main (JEE Main)|
|Mode of Examination||B.E./B.Tech:
Computer Based Test (CBT)
Mathematics part 1 and Aptitude Test part 2 – Computer Based Test
Drawing Test part 3 – Pen & Paper Based (Offline)
Maths part 1 and Aptitude Test part 2 – Planning Based Questions
Part 3 – Computer Based Test
|Language of Paper||English & Hindi||All Centre Cities|
|English, Hindi, and Gujarati||Centre Cities in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli|
|Total Questions||Based on the candidate’s selected paper|
|Allocation of Shift||Random|
|Time Duration||First Shift||9:30 A.M to 12:30 P.M|
|Second Shift||2:30 P.M to 5:30 P.M|
|Question Paper Sections||
Details of Examination System
The question pattern is varied from the candidate’s selected paper. There are some papers are listed below with its exam pattern as follows.
|Papers||Subjects||Type of Questions||Examination Mode|
|Objective Type – MCQ & Numerical Value Type||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|B.Arch||Mathematics – Part 1||Objective Type – MCQ & Numerical Value Type||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Aptitude Test – Part 2
Drawing Test – Part 3
|Objective Type – MCQ & Drawing Test||Computer Based Test (CBT) & Pen and Paper Based (Offline)|
|B.Planning||Mathematics – Part 1||Objective Type – MCQ & Numerical Value Type||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Aptitude Test – Part 2||Objective Type – MCQ|
|Planning Based Questions – Part 3||Objective Type – MCQ|
Note: Candidates will not be permitted to enter in the examination hall/room after 9:00 AM in the first shift and after 2:00 PM in the second shift.
JEE Main 2020 Marking Scheme
|Papers||Subject||Number of Questions||Marks|
|B.E./B.Tech.||Mathematics||(20 MCQ + 5 NAT) => 25||100|
|Physics||(20 MCQ + 5 NAT) => 25||100|
|Chemistry||(20 MCQ + 5 NAT) => 25||100|
|Total Questions: 75||Total Marks: 400|
|B.Arch||Mathematics – Part 1||(20 MCQ + 5 NAT) => 25||100|
|Aptitude Test – Part 2||50||200|
|Drawing Test – Part 3||02||100|
|Total Questions: 77||Total Marks: 400|
|B.Planning||Mathematics – Part 1||(20 MCQ + 5 NAT) => 25||100|
|Aptitude Test – Part 2||50||200|
|Planning Based Objective Type – Part 3||25||100|
|Total Questions:100||Total Marks: 400|
For each correct answer will be awarded for 4 marks and also each incorrect answer -1 mark will be deducted from the total marks.
Note: 20 questions will be Multiple Choice Questions and 5 questions will be Numerical answer type
JEE Main 2020 Syllabus
NTA JEE Main Syllabus is categorized into two types which is paper – 1 and paper – 2. Paper 1 syllabus is for the B.E./B.Tech selected candidates only and also the Paper 2 syllabus is for the B.Arch./B.Planning selected candidates.
- JEE Main Paper 1 Syllabus contains various important topics from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics has studied in the school level 11th and 12th
- JEE Main Paper 2 Syllabus contains the related topics from the Mathematics, Quantitative aptitude, and Drawing.
Paper 1 Syllabus for JEE Main 2020 (For B.E./B.Tech)
It contains two sections i.e., Section – A and Section – B
Section-A => Theory part having 80% weightage
Section-B => Practical Component having 20% weightage
It contains three sections i.e., Section – A, Section – B, and Section – C
Section–A => It contains concepts of Physical Chemistry
Section–B => Important topics from Inorganic Chemistry
Section–C => Related topics from Organic Chemistry
JEE Main 2020 Paper 2 Syllabus (For B.Arch./B.Planning)
|B.Arch./B.Planning||Syllabus for Aptitude Test
Awareness of persons, Places, Buildings, Materials, Objects, Texture related to Architecture and build environment, Visualizing three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawings, Visualizing different sides of three-dimensional objects, Analytical Reasoning, Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal)
Three-dimensional perception: Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, building forms and elements, color texture, harmony and contrast, Design and Drawing of geometrical or abstract shapes and pattern in pencil. Transformation of forms both 2D and 3D union, subtraction, rotation, development of surfaces and volume, Generation of Plan, Elevations and 3D views of objects, Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shapes and forms.
Sketching of scenes and activities from memory of Urban scope (public space, market, festivals, street scenes, monuments, recreational spaces, etc.) Landscape (Riverfronts, jungles, gardens, trees, plants, etc.) and Rural life.
JEE Main 2020 Admit Card
NTA will be released the NTA JEE Main Admit Card/Hall Ticket before the commencement of the examination. JEE Main 2020 January Admit card download link will be issued by the NTA at its official page or JEE Main 2020 official page. Candidates can download the JEE Main 2020 Admit card from on 6th December 2019 by providing the login details. From this admit card, students can know the details about the exam schedule, exam date, exam venue and timings of examination, etc.
How to download NTA JEE Main 2020 January Admit Card
Students should follow the below-mentioned information for how to check the JEE Main Admit Card 2020.
- Go to the JEE Main official website
- Search the link for downloading of admit card
- Enter the login credentials and then submit
- Admit card will be open on the screen
- Take a printout for further exam uses
Exam Tips for JEE Main 2020
There are some useful tips are mentioned below for candidates can get more ideas to the upcoming examination
- Candidates can take Mock Test will be available in the online mode for knowing the examination pattern and how to handle the time management also from this test.
- Exam applied candidates are should focus the JEE Main previous years old question paper for the practice purposes. Candidates can check and download the previous year question papers/sample papers according to their selected papers.
- Students should take the number of online tests of JEE Main exam to practice themselves to achieve the eligibility criteria to get the admission into the well-reputed
JEE Main 2020 Mock Test
Mock Test is the sample examination pattern of the JEE Main examination. Students whoever wants the basic awareness about the examination pattern and how to face the questions and how the questions will be asked can be known clearly from this type of Mock Test. If applicants prepare number mock test it will be led to get higher marks in the upcoming examination with good marks. Candidates can take and prepare themselves well to the examination as per their applied examination and its syllabus based.
JEE Main 2020 Answer Key
After the examination concludes, the answer key will be announced by the exam authority at the NTA JEE Main official website. Students who are all participated in the JEE Main examination can check and download the answer keys after the examination has been concluded. Approximately the provisional answer key will be released in the month of January after the examination.
Students can check their correct and incorrect answer from that answer key. Subsequently, the final answer key shall issue after some days from the announcement of provisional answer key. Candidate’s marks will be finalized based on the final answer has been released by the exam conducted authority.
JEE Main 2020 Challenging the Answer key
After the declaration of the provisional answer key, candidates can raise their hands for the answer to questions that they think are wrong. They can participate in the contest to provide their suggestions about that the answer the question with paying the applicable fees for that within the stipulated time. The paid amount will not be refunded.
How to challenge the JEE Main 2020 Answer Key
Applicants who wish to participate in the event of challenging the answer key should follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Visit the JEE Main 2020 official page
- Select the link for the contest of challenging the answer key
- Provide your valid reason for that assumed answer to the question
- Pay the application fees for that concerned questions
JEE Main 2020 Result
NTA will be announced the JEE Main 2020 examination on 31st January 2020. Students can check their result in the online mode through the official page of JEE Main 2020. Candidates can check their result by entering their valid application number and password in the provided space.
How to check and download the JEE Main 2020 Result
Examiners should follow the below mentioned simple steps for how to check the result of JEE Main 2020 Examination.
- Go to the JEE Main 2020 official page
- Choose the suitable link of JEE Main Result 2020
- Enter the valid details and then submit it
- The requested result will be open on the screen
- Take a printout for further upcoming processes.
JEE Main 2020 Score Card
The Scorecard of the JEE Main 2020 will be issued after the announcement of the result. The scorecard contains the details about the status and review of the JEE Main examination. Students can download the NTA JEE Main scorecard 2020 at the JEE Main official page. Based on the merit list candidates can get the admission into various IITs, NITs, etc.
Details mentioned on the Score Card
JEE Main 2020 scorecard contains the details about the candidate and examination. That important details are listed as follows.
- Candidate Name & Roll Number
- Date of Birth
- Date of Examination
- Category & Gender
- Overall Rank and Percentage
- Maximum and Secured Score
JEE Main 2020 Cut Off Mark
The cutoff is the required mark to obtain a seat from the institutes/university/colleges based on each and every candidate performance level in the examination. Cut off marks is the necessary thing for getting an admission into the desired institutes. Every year the cut off marks will be varied from the factors of number participants in the exam, a number of seats available, previous year cut off mark, the difficulty level of examination. We have mentioned the previous year cutoff marks according to the candidate’s category wise.
|Year||Category||Cut Off Marks|
|Person with Disability||0.113|
|Person with Disability||-35|
Seat Allocation and Counselling Procedure
Candidates will be offering the admission based on their merit list and All India Rank of JEE Main 2020. Students will be called for the counselling process after the announcements of result according to their community wise and overall rank. Students should register themselves at JoSAA/ (Central Seat Allocation Board) CSAB website for the counselling process. The entire counselling process will be in the online mode. At the time of counselling students should keep their original documents with ourselves for the verification of the candidate’s documents.
Necessary Documents for Counselling Process
At the time counselling procedure candidates should keep in hand below mentioned original documents for verification purposes.
- Candidate’s Photograph
- 10th and 12th Certificated and Mark Sheets
- Community Certificate
- Provisional and Degree Certificates
- Photocopy of JEE Main 2020 Admit card
- JEE Main Score Card
- Government-issued ID (Aadhar, Voter ID, PAN, etc.)
Eligibility for Admission to NITs, IIITs, CFTIs through CSAB
- Candidates should have to secure at least 75% marks in the 12th / qualifying examination or be in top 20 percentile in the 12th conducted by the respective Boards.
- For SC/ST candidates should have the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th or qualifying examination.
Eligibility for Admission to B.Arch other than NITs, IIITs, CFTIs
- Students shall not be admitted to architecture course unless he/she passed the qualifying examination with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and also 50% marks in aggregate of the qualifying examination.
- For B.Planning Course, the candidates should have passed the qualifying examination with 50% marks in Mathematics and 50% marks in aggregate of the qualifying