Exam pattern provides the information about details of the examination. JEE Main is conducted on two papers, paper 1, paper 2. Paper 1 is for providing admission to B. E / B. Tech courses and it is conducted in both online and offline mode. Paper 2 is conducted in offline mode only and it provides admission to B. Arch, B. Planning courses. Paper 1 & Paper 2 is fully based on CBT (Computer Based Test). students can get information regarding JEE Main exam pattern & syllabus by referring the below mentioned article.
Exam Pattern for Joint Entrance Examination (Main)
- JEE Main Paper 1 will be held for three hours duration, it consists of thirty multiple choice questions from three subjects (physics, chemistry and maths).
- For each correct answer 4 marks will be rewarded and for incorrect answer 1 mark will be deducted.
- JEE Main exam will be conducted on both paper & pen based mode.
- The duration of JEE Main entrance examination is 180 minutes.
Guidelines for JEE Main
- Candidates must prepare for the exam by referring the top reference books for JEE Main on online.
- Students must allocate exam schedule for JEE Main for preparing this exam.
- Students can also refer onto online for more details and updates regarding JEE Main.
JEE Main Syllabus
The syllabus consists of details regarding the topics, chapters, units under which the examination will be held. By following the below mentioned link students can gain more info regarding JEE Main syllabus.