Madras HC District Judge Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2019 – 2020 – Madras High Court has organized the recruitment for District Judge posts. Download for pdf in Madras HC District Judge syllabus and previous papers available here. Madras HC District Judge exam date and exam centers will be announced soon at online. Candidates can download the Madras High Court District Judge syllabus and start preparing for the Online examination. More detailed information about the High Court of Madras District Judge examination check their syllabus, exam pattern, previous papers, model papers, sample papers, old question papers, eligibility, selection process, cut off, merit list, etc.
High Court of Madras Notification Details
Name of Organization– Madras High Court
Name of Post – District Judge
No Of vacancies – 32
Category –Syllabus & Exam Pattern
Application Mode – Online
Online Application Form Last date – 8th January 2020
Written Exam Date – Available Soon
Official website – http://mhc.tn.gov.in/
Selection shall be made on the basis of given following rounds
- Written test
- Interview process
- Document verification
Official Notification – Check Here
Eligibility or Qualification
Must possess a Degree in Law of a University in India established or incorporated by or
under a Central Act or a State Act or an Institution recognized by the University Grants
Commission / Bar Council of India, or any other equivalent qualification and enrolled as an
advocate in the Bar Council of Tamil Nadu or in the Bar Council of any other State and must be practising as an Advocate on the date of publication of this Notification and must have so practised for a period of not less than seven years as on such date.
Madras HC District Judge Syllabus & Exam Pattern
Candidates can view detailed Madras High Court Syllabus 2020 and Exam pattern. Also, visit official website to know more details on High Court of Madras Syllabus. Follow MHC preparation tips and Study material. Applicants who are participate in the written exam conducted by the High Court of Madras can prepare well for the exam with the help of the Madras HC District Judge Syllabus along with Previous Papers PDF. Madras HC District Judge has decided to conduct the Preliminary & Main Written Exam. You can also download the Syllabus PDF for Free from the direct link attached below.
Exam Pattern for MHC District Judge Prelims
- The Question papers will be bi-lingual i.e., in English and Tamil. In case of any inconsistency between English and Tamil versions of the questions, the English version will prevail over the Tamil version. Each question shall carry 1 mark and ‘1/4’ (0.25) mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer. The duration of the Preliminary Examination will be three hours for each paper.
- All the successful candidates in the Preliminary Examination from the respective categories will be called upon for Main Examination.
Exam Pattern for Madras HC District Judge Mains
Madras HC District Judge Prelims Syllabus
Paper 1 Prelims Syllabus
- Constitution of India, Interpretation of Statutes, Jurisprudence and Legal Phraseology, Legal Maxims, Legal History, Legal Services Authority Act, 1987, Right to Information
- Code of Civil Procedure, 1908, Civil Rules of Practice, 1905, The Tamil Nadu Court Fees and Suit Valuation Act, 1955, The Limitation Act, 1963, The Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, The Commercial Courts Act, 2015, The General Clauses Act, 1897, Prohibition of Benami Transaction Act, 2016.
- The Indian Contract Act, 1872, The Specific Relief Act, 1963, The Indian Partnership Act, 1932, The Sale of Goods Act, 1930, Easements Act, 1882, The Transfer of Property Act, 1882, The Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881, Rent Control Law, The Indian Stamp Act 1899, The Registration Act, 1908.
- The Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, Law of Torts, The Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act, 2013, and other
Laws relating to Land Acquisition.
- Personal Laws including Succession Laws, (For Hindus, Muslims and Christians etc.), The Guardian and Wards Act, 1890, Indian Trust Act, 1882, The Family Courts Act, 1984.
- The Trade Marks Act, 1999, The Copyright Act, 1957, The Patent Act, 1970, The Designs Act, 2000, The Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration and Protection) Act, 1999
- The Industrial Disputes Act, 1947, The Employee’s Compensation Act, 1923, other
Labour Laws, Income Tax Act, Co-operative Societies Act, The Mental Health Care Act,
2017, Laws relating to Mines and Minerals.
Preliminary Examination Paper – 2
- The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973, Criminal Rules of Practice, The Indian Penal
Code, 1860, The Indian Evidence Act, 1872.
- The Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985.
- The Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988, including latest amendments, The Electricity
Act, 2003, The Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993. The Scheduled Castes and the
Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989,
- The Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006, Essential Commodities Act, 1955.
- Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015,
- The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act 2012,
- The Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005,
- The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal)
- The Information Technology Act, 2000, The Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002.
- The Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967, The National Security Act, 1980
- The National Investigation Agency Act, 2008 (Amendment) as Act, 2019
- Medical Jurisprudence, Central and Tamilnadu State Criminal Minor Acts.
- General Knowledge, Legal Aptitude, legal reasoning, Test of reasoning and mental
ability, Basic Knowledge of Computer, Environmental Laws.
Mains Exam Syllabus
The syllabi for Law Paper-I and Law Paper -II are the same as that of the Preliminary Examination. The questions for Judgement writing paper would test the candidate’s skills in
Framing of issues, framing of charges, writing Judgements/Orders in Civil and Criminal cases.
The applied candidates also need Madras High Court District Judge Exam Previous papers. The model paper helps the candidates to have a clear idea about the exam paper that is going to be released by the officials. So, we are here giving the direct link to get all the previous papers of Madras High Court District Judge Exam. Hence, candidates are advised to make use of these Madras High Court District Judge Solved Papers to do better preparation. Moreover, bookmark our web portal to know more about Madras High Court District Judge Syllabus, exam pattern, previous papers, Admit card, Result etc.
Madras High Court District Judge Previous Old Question Papers Download
The original certificates/documents of successful candidates will be verified for which dates will be notified after declaration of result. On the basis of written test, the provisionally qualified candidates will be required to produce original certificates of Essential and Desirable Qualifications along with one set of photocopy, duly attested,
- Proof Of educational qualification
- School study certificate
- Certificate and mark sheet for qualifying examination
- Date of birth certificate /S.S.C
- Aadhar card
- Voter id
- Pan card, etc.