PULEET Syllabus 2020: Applicants can download PULEET 2020 Syllabus PDF from here. Students can start their preparation by practicing the syllabus pattern of PULEET 2020 exam. PU LEET 2020 exam has been scheduled tentatively on 14th July 2020. Candidates who will participate in the entrance exam of PULEET can refer the exam pattern. The Punjab University conducts the entrance exam to Lateral entry students for getting admission into direct second year of studies based on scores obtained in the entrance exam. Here we have mentioned the detailed syllabus of the PULEET 2020 exam and also its exam pattern.
PU LEET Syllabus 2020
Applicants who wish to get the admission at the various courses in the field of engineering can apply for the entrance exam of PULEET and start their preparation by studying the prescribed syllabus and also practicing the previous year papers. Below we have listed out the detailed syllabus of the PULEET entrance exam.
|Application Release Date||24th June 2020|
|Admit card Release||9th July 2020|
|Exam Date||14th July 2020|
|Result Date||23rd July 2020|
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Basic Electronics
- Programming Fundamentals
- Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering
- Fundamentals of Civil Engineering
- Environmental Education
Basic Electrical Engineering
- DC circuits: Voltage and current sources, Kirchhoff‟s laws and network solution, network analysis by mesh and node analysis, superposition theorem, Thevenin‟s theorem, Norton‟s theorem, delta-star transformation and vice-versa, maximum power transfer theorem, energy storage elements, the step response of RL, RC and RLC circuits.
- Magnetic Circuit: Introduction to magnetic circuit, magnetomotive force and magnetic field strength, the permeability of free space, relative permeability, reluctance, comparison of electric and magnetic circuits, B/H curve, magnetic circuits calculations, self and mutual inductance.
- Semiconductor Diode: PN-Junction, Junction Theory, V-I characteristics of a PN-Junction Diode, Ideal Diode, Use of Diode in Rectifiers: Half Wave Rectifiers, Full Wave Rectifiers, Zener Diode, Varactor Diode, Light Emitting Diodes.
- Bipolar Junction Transistor: Introduction, Junction Transistor Structure, Operation, Transistor amplifying action, CB, CC and CE Configuration, characteristics, application of transistor as an amplifier.
- Field Effect Transistor: Introduction, Types of FET’s, JFET’s, MOSFET’s, CMOS, characteristics, working, applications.
- Introduction: Computer Basic, Block Diagram of Computer, Memory Hierarchy, Types of RAM, Secondary Memory Introduction to Operating Systems, Programming Languages, Program Structure, Linux Shell Commands, Bourne Shell, C Shell, Korn Shell
- Basic Constructs of C:Keywords, Identifiers, Variables, Symbolic Constants, Data Types and their storage, Operands, Arithmetic Operators, Relational Operators, Logical Operators, Bitwise Operators, Increment & Decrement Operators, Expressions, Conditional Expressions, Assignment Operators and Expressions, Type Conversions, Precedence and Order of Evaluation, External Variables and Scope of Variables. Basic Input Output, Formatted I/O.
Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering
- Laws Of Thermodynamics: First law of thermodynamics, Steady flow energy equation and its applications (nozzle, throttling device, turbine, compressor, heat exchanger). Limitations of the first law, statements of second law by Max-Planck and Clausis, equivalence between the two statements. Reversible and irreversible processes, Carnot’s theorem. Energy analysis of a heat engine, refrigerator and heat pump.
- Steam and Its Formation:P-V, P-T, T-S, H-S diagrams of water. Dryness fraction and its measurement by the calorimeter. Uses of steam tables and mollier chart (H-S chart)
Fundamentals of Civil Engineering
- Construction Material and Building Construction: rock, Bricks & Tiles, Cement, Lime Timber and paints, Excavation of foundation, Brick Masonry, Stone Masonry, Wall, Mortal & Concrete, Damp-proofing, Doors-windows, Roof, Floors, Stairs and Building planning.
- Hydraulics: Fluids and Properties of fluids, Hydrostatic Pressure, fluid flow and measurement through the pipe and open channel
- Concrete and Structures: Concrete and Properties of Concrete, Formwork, ordinary and special concrete, Concrete Operation. Stress & strain, Bending Moment & Shear Force, Slope and Deflection, Columns and trusses.
- Classification of pollutants
- The greenhouse effect
- Toxic heavy metals
- Organic compounds as environmental pollutants
- Ozone layer depletion
Exam Pattern of PULEET Exam
|Time Duration||1 Hour 30 Minutes|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|No. of Questions||75|
|Negative marks||¼ marks will deduct for the wrong answer.|