TIFR GS Result 2020: The results of TIFR GS / JGEEBILS 2020 entrance exam will announce after the exam completion. After the declaration of the result, students can check the TIFR GS / JGEEBILS cutoff marks. Tata Institute of Fundamental Research University Graduate School Admissions (GS-2020) and Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences Result will release by the end of January 2020. All aspirants who have attended the exam on 8 December 2020 will be waiting eagerly for the result and cut off marks. So, the candidate should regularly visit the official website of TIFR GS-2020 for further updates like Result, Cut off Marks, Merit List, and Score Card.
TIFR GS 2020 Exam Dates
|Online Registration Starts From||24 October 2019|
|Last Date for submitting Application||23 November 2019|
|Hall Ticket Download||29 November 2019|
|GS-2020 Exam||08 December 2019|
|Result GS-2020||By end-January 2020|
|GATE Scored based applications to Systems Science||Opens||05 February 2020|
|Closes||Two weeks after GATE 2020 results declared.|
|Interview||End-February to early-April, 2020|
TIFR GS / JGEEBILS Result & Merit List 2020
The result of the online computer-based entrance exam result will release on the official website. The shortlisted candidates will be qualified for the interview process.
- Candidate should the Official website https://www.tifr.res.in/
- Then go to the Result portal and enter your Login details
- There will be Two hypertext
- List of students selected for Ph.D. Interviews
- List of students selected for M.Sc/Int.Ph.D. Interviews
- By selecting your respective hypertext, a new window will open with the Merit name list of selected candidates.
- The resulting window will have the reference number and the name of the candidates.
After the result published, the selected students need to attend the interview at TIFR-Mumbai Campus. The Interview will take place for 4 days. The shortlisted candidates should prepare their own accommodation in Mumbai, as the university will not pay for it.
TIFR GS 2020 Cut Off Marks
The TIFR University will release the Cut off mark for Nationwide Graduate School Entrance Examination (GS-2020). The Cut off marks is a minimum mark required to qualify in the Entrance exam. Only candidates who got the cut off marks will attend the Interview phase. The Cut off mark calculated based on the seat availability, Reservation category, Number of candidates appeared for the exam and previous year cut off mark. Candidate can refer the previous year cut off mark of TIFR GS on its official website.
What is meant by Cut off Mark?
- The Cut off mark is set by the Authority of the Conducting Entrance Exam.
- This mark is considered as the Pass mark or clearing level of the Entrance Exam.
- On the basis of the cut off mark, the Merit List will be finalized.
- In other words, Candidates are shortlisted for the interview, based on the cut off marks.
- Cut off marks will vary to exam to exam and subject to subject.
- For Example – The total mark of the entrance exam is 100 Marks and the Cut off Mark is 70. If the candidate scores 75, he/she is qualified for the next level.
- According to the vacancy in the particular course and specialization, the cut off mark will be decided,
- For example, nearly 20 persons writing the Entrance exam and the vacancy is a particular course is 5, and the authority of the entrance exam will set the cut off marks above the average mark to eliminate low scored candidates for the interview level.