VBRET Counselling 2020: The Counselling process of Visva Bharati University Admission 2020 shall commence after the completion of the entrance exam. The qualified candidates in the VBRET entrance exam will be called for Counselling / Interview / Viva-voce followed by the Certificate Verification. The intimation will be sent through e-mail, SMS and candidates can also check the same on the official website of Visva-Bharati – www.visvabharati.ac.in. Merit lists for M.Phil, Ph.D for different specialization published according to the respective Bhavanas/Institute. Students can get more details regarding Visva Bharati University Counselling 2020.
VBRET Counselling / Interview / Viva-voce 2020
Interview / Viva-voce is mandatory for all M.Phil and Ph.D admission in Visva-Bharati University. No exemption is given to any candidate to attend the Interview / Viva-voce process. This process is organized by the department / center, in which the candidates are required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before the Departmental Research Committee. The University reserves the right to restrict the number of eligible applicants called for the interview.
The interview / viva -voce also consider the following aspects:
- The applicant possesses the competence for the proposed research;
- The research work can be suitably undertaken at the Department / Centre;
- The proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge.
Visva Bharati University Counselling Dates 2020
Candidates who have received email & SMS / Merit List from the University have to report the respective venue at 8.30 AM for Counselling. The candidate should also bring the print out of the call letter for the Interview.
NAME OF THE COURSE
|DATE OF ENTRANCE EXAM||REPORTING TIME|
TIME OF TEST
Viva-Voce of Eligible Candidates (NET, SET, SLET, RET Qualified) for Admission of M.Phil and Ph.D. Courses
10.00 AM onwards
The venue of VBRET 2020 – The Respective Department / Centre of each Bhavana / Vibhaga (Institute) or in case of other venues, the same will be notified to the candidates.
Reservation of Seats: As per the Rules of Government of India, The Reservation of seats for OBC, SC, ST, EWS, and Differently-Abled candidates will be made.
VBRET Interview – The concerned Department/Bhavana will publish the list of eligible candidates on the Notice Board and on the university website at least seven days before the Interview.
Finally, Ph.D programme shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years. Also, for M.Phil is a 2-year course with four semesters. For further details please visit the official website – http://www.visvabharati.ac.in/Admissions.html
Certificate Verification Documents
The candidates got their name in the Merit List have to appear before the Board of Studies for an interview for the final selection of admission. Candidates have to bring their necessary original documents / testimonials as well as a write-up on the area of research interest within five hundred words. They should make a presentation on the basis of their write-up before the interview board.
- Candidates need to bring the original certificates and mark sheets to the Interview / Viva-voce without fail.
- Birth Certificate
- Caste Certificate (SC/ST/OBC), if applicable
- Secondary Schooling Certificate
- Higher Secondary Certificate
- 10th and 12th Mark Sheet
- Bachelor’s Degree Mark sheet and certificate
- Master’s Degree Mark sheet and certificate
- Phil Mark sheet and Certificate, if any
- Transfer Certificate
- Disability/PH Certificate, if applicable
- Current family Income Certificate
- 2 copies of recent Passport size color photograph of the candidate
- Medical Certificate from any Registered Medical Practitioner (Doctor)
- Copy of NOC from Employer (if employed)
- Candidates should also attach the self-attested photocopies of the above certificates and mark sheets along with them at the time of the Interview.
- Legal Guardians should accompany the candidate during the admission process and this is an exemption for international applicants.
- The selected candidates need to pay the Admission fees of Rs. 15000 to the Accounts office, Visva-Bharati during Admission.