Candidates can apply for the NEST 2020 online application form Before the last date of Issuing Application Form. Before applying for the exam candidates must check on eligibility criteria. Candidates can apply for the online application from the official website.
Important Dates for NEST 2020
- Registration / Online application opens : January, 2020 [First Monday of January]
- Online application closes : March, 2020 [First Monday of March]
- Download of admit card starts : April 4th Week, 2020.
- Date of examination : June 1st Week, 2020 [First Saturday of June]
- Announcement of results on NEST website : June, 2020 [Third Monday of June]
Examination Fee for NEST 2020
The examination fee for NEST 2020 are as follows
- For general category, male candidates, the examination fee is RS.700
- For female candidates in all categories, the examination fee is RS.350
- For male candidates in SC/ST categories, examination fee is RS.350
- For candidates with personal disabilities in all category, examination fee is RS.350
Examination fee mentioned above are of 2016 exam fees and the
Payment Mode for NEST 2020
Candidates can pay the fees through (Net banking, Debit card, Credit card) or by DD (Demand Draft). If a candidate is interested in paying through DD, the paying candidate should send the summary page of online application form along with the original DD to the address mentioned on the site. Candidates can check the payment details or status from the official site.
Eligibility Criteria for NEST 2020
The eligibility criteria for NEST 2020 are classified into 2 types
- Age limit
- Education qualification
- For general and OBC category candidates who born after 1st August 1997 are eligible to apply.
- For ST, SD and PD candidate relaxation of 5 years is given.
- Candidates who have passed the 12th or its equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths as a major subject.
- Candidates who are appearing for the 12th examination can also appear for this exam.
- Candidates who have qualified their 12th examination or it’s any equivalent examination in the year of 2015/ 2016 can apply.
- For admission to M.sc programs general & OBC candidates should obtain 60% marks and for ST, SD, PD candidates must obtain 55% marks.
Applying Through online for NEST 2020
By visiting the official site candidates can apply through online by logging on to the official site (i.e.) www.nest.nic.in. and can fill the application form through online by following the steps
- Candidates can register themselves by providing a valid E-mail ID. This registration process is carried out by providing the basic information of the candidate and can edit/ fill the form by accessing into page 1
- In page 2 candidates can upload the photo, signature, and the scanned DD and other required information to the official site.
- In page 3, information which is provided inside is based on fees structure and modes of payment (i.e.) payment can be done through credit/debit card/ net banking or through DD (Demand Draft)
- On page 4 verify all the information and then click on to submit button, by clicking onto it the updated details will be submitted to the site.
- After providing all the information and after paying the fees clicking onto submitting button candidates can take print out of the Admit card.