Union Public Service Commission UPSC IAS / IPS Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2019 Download for PDF in Indian Administrative Service & Indian Police Service Available Below The Page. UPSC IAS / IPS Exam Date & centre for Preliminary and Mains examination mentioned below the page. UPSC IAS / IPS Selection Process, UPSC IAS / IPS Eligibility,UPSC IAS / IPS Sample Papers, UPSC IAS / IPS Model papers and etc. Their admission to all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. UPSC IAS Syllabus, UPSC Group A Exam Syllabus, UPSC Group B Exam syllabus & Exam pattern, UPSC Group Exam Syllabus for PDF, UPSC Old Papers, UPSC Exam Papers.
Mere issue of admission certificate to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission. The Commission takes up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidate has qualified for Interview/Personality Test.
UPSC IAS / IPS Exam Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2019
- Indian Administrative Service.
- Indian Foreign Service.
- Indian Police Service.
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration).
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Gr. III).
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group “A”.
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’.
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
- Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’.
|UPSC IAS / IPS Exam 2019 Admit Card / Hall Ticket Summary|
|Name of Exam||IAS / IPS|
|Board of Organization||Union Public Service Commission UPSC|
|No of Vacancy||Update Soon|
|Date of Exam||02 June 2019 (Prelims)|
Important Note: The centers and the date of holding the examination as mentioned above are liable to be changed at the discretion of the Commission. Applicants should note that there will be a ceiling on the number of candidates allotted to each of the Centres, except Chennai, Dispur, Kolkata, and Nagpur. Allotment of Centres will be on the “first-apply-first allot” basis, and once the capacity of a particular Centre is attained, the same will be frozen.
UPSC Main Exam Time Table
The UPSC conducts Indian Forest Service (IFS) Main Examination. Paper, I is conducted in forenoon session (9.00 AM to 12.00 PM) and paper II is conducted in the afternoon session (2.00 PM to 5.00 PM). The Main Examination for Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination, 2017 will be held from 3 December 2017.
CMS – Combined Medical Services Exam
UPSC conducts computer-based combined medical examination for recruitment to the services and posts of Assistant Medical Officer in railways, Indian Ordnance Factories Health Service, Junior scale posts in central health services, etc.
UPSC Civil Services Exam is conducted in three phases:
- Phase 1: Preliminary Examination or CSAT (Objective Section)
- Phase 2: Main Examination (Subjective Section)
- Phase 3: Interview (Vocal Section)
This examination is meant to serve as a screening test only; the marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Examination will be about twelve to thirteen times the total an approximate number of vacancies to be filled in the year through this examination.
Only those candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified in the Preliminary Examination in the year will be eligible for admission to the Main Examination of that year provided they are otherwise eligible for admission to the Main Examination.
The Main Examination will consist of written examination and an interview test.
- The written examination will consist of 9 papers of conventional essay type in the subjects out of which two papers will be of qualifying in nature.
- Marks obtained for all the compulsory papers (Paper-I to Paper-VlI) and Marks obtained in Interview for Personality Test will be counted for ranking.
- Candidates, who obtain such minimum qualifying marks in the written part of the Main Examination as may be fixed by the Commission at their discretion, shall be summoned by them for an interview for a Personality Test.
- The number of candidates to be summoned for interview will be about twice the number of vacancies to be filled.
- The interview will carry 275 marks (with no minimum qualifying marks). Marks thus obtained by the candidates in the Main Examination (written part as well as interview) would determine their final ranking.
- Candidates will be allotted to the various services keeping in view their ranks in the Examination and the preferences expressed by them for the various services and posts.
Note: (i) Both the question papers will be of the objective type (multiple choice questions). (ii) The General Studies Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33% (iii) the question papers will be set both in Hindi and English.
The main Examination The written examination will consist of the following papers: ·
- Paper-A (One of the Indian Language to be selected by the candidate from the Languages included in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution) 300 Marks
- Paper-B English 300 Marks
Papers to be counted for merit
- Paper-I Essay 250 Marks
- Paper-II General Studies-I 250 Marks (Indian Heritage and Culture, History, and Geography of the World and Society)
- Paper-III General Studies -II 250 Marks (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)
- Paper-IV General Studies -III 250 Marks (Technology, Economic Development, Biodiversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)
- Paper-V General Studies -IV 250 Marks (Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude)
- Paper-VI Optional Subject – Paper 1 250 Marks
- Paper-VII Optional Subject – Paper 2 250 Marks Sub Total (Written test) 1750
Syllabus of the papers included in the scheme of Civil Services (Main) Examination
COMBINED MEDICAL SERVICES EXAMINATION, 2017 – Old Papers
Qualifying Papers On Indian Languages And English:
The aim of the paper is to test the candidate’s ability to read and understand serious discursive prose and express his ideas clearly and correctly, in English and Indian Language concerned. The pattern of questions would be broad as follows:-
- Comprehension of given passages
- Precis Writing
- Usage and Vocabulary
Short Essays Indian Languages
- Comprehension of given passages
- Precis Writing (iii) Usage and Vocabulary
- Short Essays
- Translation from English to the Indian language and vice-versa.
PAPER-V General Studies- IV
Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude
This paper will include questions to test the candidates’ attitude and approach to issues relating to integrity, probity in public life and his problem-solving approach to various issues and conflicts faced by him in dealing with society. Questions may utilize the case study approach to determine these aspects. The following broad areas will be covered. Ethics and Human Interface: Essence, determinants, and consequences of Ethics in human actions; dimensions of ethics; ethics in private and public relationships.
Previous & Old Question Papers
National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination (II), 2017
Engineering Services (Main) Examination, 2017
Civil Engineering Paper – I
Civil Engineering Paper – II
Electrical Engineering Paper – I
Electrical Engineering Paper – II
Mechanical Engineering Paper – I
Mechanical Engineering Paper – II
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering Paper – I
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering Paper – II
Indian Economic Service and Indian Statistical Service Examination, 2017
Procedure to Download UPSC / IAS Group A & B Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2019
Visit Official website http://www.upsc.gov.in
Find the link and open the page
Enter your registration no or date of birth
Show on your desktop for Syllabus
Download UPSC / IAS Group A & B Exam Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2019