Central Board Of School Education (CBSE) is the Central government institution serving the School Students. CBSE recently issued a Circular related to New Rules for the Registration of regular students of Class IX/XI. Board has decided to advance the Registration Process of Class IX/XI to provide ample time for the Schools for registering Details of the Students. It is also decided to advance the Process of Submission of List Of Candidates(LOC) for Regular Candidates of Class X/XII. CBSE Board is also given rules to be followed by the Schools during registration.
CBSE Board examinations for Class X and XII in the year 2020 will be conducted through 16 Regional Offices of the Board. Schools Codes have Changed because of this. Schools are instructed to use only the new school codes while communicating with the board. Only those students registered online for class X/XII shall be allowed for the examination Failing which students will be not allowed to write the examination.
There must be Only 40 students allowed per section and pupil to teacher ratio is 1:30. Further number of sections cannot exceed the number of sections permitted by the board. All affiliated schools requested to register before online submission. Schools use the ‘Affiliation Number’ as user ID available with them. Features of Online Registration is given below.
Features of Online Registration system as per Official circular:
- Before proceeding for Registration of students, existing schools shall have to update the data on OASIS.
- Only those TGTs/PGTs who are teaching Classes IX-X/XI-XII respectively should be shown as TGT/PGT to ensure the appointment of eligible evaluators for quality evaluation. Accordingly, in OASIS, classes taught need to be clearly filled in by the schools.
- It may be ensured that the full names of all the teachers shall be filled in the OASIS. Abbreviations should not be used.
- New Schools have to first enter the information on the OASIS portal. The information onOASIS should be filled very carefully as schools will not be allowed to change the declared section/strength of students afterward.
- The school shall ensure that the student while seeking admission in a class, satisfies the requirement of age limit (minimum and maximum)as determined by the State/ U.T. Government and applicable to the place where the School is located.
- Schools are requested to fill in the full name of the candidate, mother, father/guardian. Abbreviations should be avoided as they create problems for the students’ in the future.
- Class IX/XI examinations have to be conducted internally by the schools.
- All Independent Schools situated in India have to deposit Sports Fee of Rs.10,000/- along with registration fee. This fee will be collected through the Online system by default. No separate sports fee is required to be sent by the schools situated in India to the concerned Regional Office.
- Making a minimum of 5 days of in-service training programs per year of teachers mandatory. Board further stipulates that every School shall remit to the CBSE such fee for training of teachers and Principals as prescribed by the Board from time to time .each of the private independent school affiliated to CBSE is required to pay a minimum Training Development fee of Rs 10,000 (schools located in India) / Rs.50000 (schools located abroad) annually to CBSE from the session 2019-20 onwards. The online system will automatically add the sports fee with the registration fee.
- Schools can complete the registration process by individual entry or uploading filled in excel file provided by the online registration system.
- Schools shall have to upload the photographs and signature of their bonafide students in Class IX/XI registration before final submission.
- For Class-IX (Skill) and Class-XI (Academic & Skill), schools are advised to offer only those subjects which have been permitted to them by the Board. In case, school sponsors students in the subject(s) other than those permitted by the Board, CBSE shall take the following action:
- (i) Candidates will not be allowed to appear in the examination in those subject(s) in Class X/XII and would be treated as not eligible.
- (ii) Disaffiliation proceedings shall be started against the school.
- Board has prescribed scheme of studies which is available in the Curriculum cbseacademic.nic.in/curriculum.html for Secondary and Senior Secondary classes. Schools are required to offer the subjects in adherence to the Scheme of Studies only.
- In accordance with the Scheme of studies, the Board has prescribed a list of valid/invalid combination of subjects. School should check the combination of subjects before filling in the subjects in the LOC.
- Details of all students should be submitted only in one lot for each fee slab. Partial submission of data will be not allowed in a fee slab. Meaning thereby, in each slot only one list of the students will be accepted.
- In case of a refund of payment, schools should contact the Regional Office concerned.
- Schools are required to send the signed copy of finalized data of Registration of class IX/XI, LOC Of Class X/XII to concerned Regional Office only. It may be noted that data must be uploaded correctly because, from this year onwards, no updation of data from the hard copy of the Registration will be permitted by the CBSE. Uploading correct data will be the responsibility of the schools.
- The on-line submission shall close at 5.00 PM on the designated dates. Schools are, therefore, advised to complete the online submission well in time to avoid the possibility of slow connection/failure to connect to the server on account of heavy load on the internet on a penultimate day or because of any other basis.
- In the event of any difficulty, the concerned Regional Office may be contacted as per jurisdiction/contact details.
Submission of data in OASIS
Schools need to submit data in OASIS without penalty till 30.09.2019. After the final date penalty as applicable in 2018 shall be imposed. Uploading correct data will be helpful in providing correct Subject Question Papers to the Candidates, documents with Correct particulars of the Candidates after the declaration of results. Official Circular regarding this is attached below.
Official Notification For IX-XI PDF – check here
Official Notification For X-XII PDF –Check Here