Odisha Public Service Commission OPSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2019 Download for PDF Previous Year Question Papers also mentioned below the page. OPSC Assistant Town Planner Exam Date & centre will be announced soon at online. OPSC Assistant Town Planner Selection Process, OPSC Assistant Town Planner Eligibility, OPSC Assistant Town Planner Document verification also mentioned below the page. OPSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus for PDF get available below the page. OPSC Assistant Town Planner Sample Papers, OPSC Assistant Town Planner Model Papers, OPSC Assistant Town Planner Old Examination Papers, OPSC Assistant Town Planner provide our page. OPSC Assistant Town Planner Answer Key, Result, Cut off, Merit List and etc.
OPSC Assistant Town Planner 2018 Syllabus for PDF
Follow all the detailed topics which are provided in the below sections. Reading only the OPSC Assistant Town Planner Syllabus unless the exam pattern checking is not the best preparation. We already said that in these type of competitive exams, candidates have to be perfect in all aspects of preparation. Applicants who will clear all the rounds in the recruitment process will get finalized for the Assistant Town Planner Jobs.
About Examination Board
Recommendations of the Royal Commission on superior services in India, 1924, referred to in short, as the Lee Commission, and now they find place in the Constitution of India in Articles 315 to 323. The Odisha Public Service Commission was constituted on 1st April, 1949 after it’s bifurcation from the former Bihar and Odisha Joint Public Service Commission. At the time of creation of the Odisha Public Service Commission the strength of the Commission was three including Chairman . The strength increased to five in the year 1979 and further increased to six in the year 1996.
The Commission has acquired varied experiences and expertise in the matter of selection of personnel to various services of the Government of Odisha during its functioning for more than five decades. It has also gone a long way in achieving the purpose of drawing the best personnel for the public services of Odisha.
|OPSC Assistant Town Planner 2018 Syllabus & Exam Pattern Summary|
|Name of Exam||Assistant Town Planner|
|Board of Organization||Odisha Public Service Commission OPSC|
|No of Vacancy||17 Posts|
|Date of Exam||Update Soon|
|Category||Syllabus & Exam Pattern|
The selection for the post of OPSC Assistant Town Planner 2018 will be made on the basis of Written Examination List followed by interview of eligible and successful candidates.
- Written Examination
- Personal Interview
- Document verification
Tips for preparation of written examination
- All candidates should give maximum time to their study regularly.
- Candidates should make their study time or schedule of the day and accordingly start to preparing i.e. make sure to divide your entire time between all related subjects and prepare accordingly daily.
- Candidates requires to maximum use of flow charts and diagram to understand deeply the concern topic.
- Candidates must regular practice to solve old year examination papers; with this you will be able to increase your knowledge as well as time accuracy.
- Group study is very useful to crack any written examination so we therefore advise to all concern contenders to make a group of eligible and suitable friends and study combindly one or two hour in a day and arise your question before them and explain your answer to others too.
- Time breaks is also essential while preparing hard for any written examination so after 2-3 hours study candidates should take a break of 15-20 minutes for mind fresh.
OPSC Assistant Town Planner 2019 Written Examination Papers
Syllabus for OPSC Assistant Town Planner 2019
General Knowledge- Current Events
Planning Theory and Techniques
- Plan Preparation Techniques
- Advanced techniques of aerial photography
- Principles of Regional Planning
- Photo interpretation
- Remote sensing & GIS
- Regional Planning in India
- Spatial Standards
- Techniques of Preparing Base Maps
- Land Use Planning
- Types of Planning
- Physical Surveys
Urban Sociology and Economics of Planning
- Neighborhood Concept
- Macroeconomic concepts
- Economies of Scale
- Urban and Regional Economic Principles
- Basic Concept of Society
- Urban and Industrial Sociology
- Environmental Planning
- Evolution and Significance
- Environment and Development
- Urban Eco-System Approach
- Environmental Risks
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Sustainable Planning
- Eco-Cities Compact Cities
- Contemporary Approaches/Concepts
Urban Infrastructure & Planning
- Sewage disposal
- Operational Planning for emergency evacuation in urban areas
- Solid waste management
- Concepts and theories of design and operation & maintenance (O&M) of urban services and networks systems
- Water supply
- Cost recovery of the urban service system and networks
Housing and Community Planning
- Emerging Issues
- Housing Standards
- Policies & Programmes
- Priorities in Urban Housing Areas and Finance Policies
- Module VI: Project Formulation and Implementation
- Methodology of Project Identification
Formulation of Feasibility Reports and Detailed Project Reports
- Institutional Appraisal
- Risk and Uncertainty
- Economic Appraisal
- Social appraisal
- Commercial Aspects of Appraisal
- Technical Appraisal
- Financial Appraisal
- Environmental Appraisal
- Methods of Financing
- Project Evaluation
Planning Legislation and Legal Framework
- Evolution of Planning Legislation
- Model Town Planning Legislation (Building bye-laws)
- Regional Planning Legislation
- Significance of Land Development Control
- Fundamentals of Law
- Indian Constitution
- Land Acquisition Act
- Town an Country Planning Act
- Implication of 73rd and 74th Constitutional Amendment
- Environmental Protection Act
- Urban Planning and Development Authorities Act
- Apartment Ownership Act
- Concept of Arbitration
- Municipal Act/RulesThe Real Estate (Regulation & Development) Act
Traffic and Transportation Planning
- Traffic Management
- Planning and Management of Transport System
- Geometric Design of Roads and Intersections
- Land use & Transportation Relationships
- Urbanization and Transport problems
- Surveys and Analytical Techniques
- Urban and Regional Road Designs
- Economic Evaluation and
- Transport Policies
- Regional Transport Systems
- Transport and Environment
Urban heritage and Conservation
- Heritage Conservation
- Interface of Urban Heritage with Regional Planning
- Heritage Tourism
Planning for Disaster Risk Mitigation and Management
- Disaster Safe Construction Practices
- Disaster Education and Awareness
- Post Disaster Management
- Building Codes and Guidelines/Policies
- Risk-Sensitive Land Use Planning
- Disaster Risk Assessment & Mitigation
- Community-Based Disaster Preparedness
Planning and Management of Informal Sector
- Migratory Impulses and Impact on Informal Sector
- Urban Poverty
- Alternative Approaches for Delivery of Basic Services to the Urban Poor
- Consequences of Spontaneous Growth
- Overview of Urban Governance
- Urban Local Governance
- Participatory Process in Urban Governance
Exam Pattern for OPSC Assistant Town Planner 2019
|S.No.||Subject Names||No of Questions||Odisha PSC Asst Town Planner Exam Duration|
|2.||General Knowledge- Current Events|
- Question Papers will be in Hindi & English Languages
- Candidates who cleared the Prelims are eligible for Mains Examination.
- Question paper for General Studies will be in Hindi & English Languages.
- Applicants have to score minimum 30 Marks in general Hindi.
- Candidates score in General Studies is not considered if not get min 30 Marks in Hindi.
- For more details check the OPSC Syllabus PDF in Hindi below.
IDENTITY VERIFICATION for OPSC Assistant Town Planner 2019
The original certificates/documents of successful candidates will be verified for which dates will be notified after declaration of result. On the basis of written test, the provisionally qualified candidates will be required to produce original certificates of Essential and Desirable Qualifications along with one set of photocopy, duly attested,
The candidate’s identity will be verified with respect to his/her details on the call letter and in the Attendance List. If identity of the candidate is in doubt the candidate will not be allowed to appear for the Online Examination.
- Certificates and Mark sheets of qualifying examinations.
- Aadhar card.
- Proof of Educational Qualifications.
- Date of Birth Certificate / S.S.C
- School Study Certificate
- Declaration by the Unemployed (For claiming examination fee exemption)
- No Objection Certificate from Employer (if anywhere employed)
OPSC Assistant Town Planner 2019 Recruitment – Check Here
OPSC Assistant Town Planner 2019 Notification – Check Here
OPSC Assistant Town Planner 2019 Admit Card / Hall Ticket – Check Here
How to Download OPSC Assistant Town Planner 2019 Syllabus & Exam Pattern
Visit official Website tnpsc.gov.in
Find the link and open the page
Enter your registration no or date of birth
Show on your desktop for OPSC
Download OPSC Assistant Town Planner 2019 Previous Year Papers