Union Public Service Commission UPSC SO / Steno Syllabus 2019 Download for PDF in Section Officer Available here. UPSC SO / Steno Exam Date & Exam Centre 2019 available here. Aspirants are you waiting for UPSC SO / Steno Written Examination Exam Papers also get following the page. UPSC Section Officer SO / Steno Syllabus for pdf and Section Officer Exam Date will be announced soon at our page. UPSC Section Officer SO / Steno Previous Question Papers, UPSC Section Officer SO / Steno Sample Papers, UPSC Section Officer SO / Steno Model Papers, UPSC Section Officer SO / Steno Document verification, UPSC Section Officer SO / Steno preparation tips and etc.
UPSC Section Officer SO / Steno 2019 Syllabus for pdf Download
Examinees need to work hard, prepare all the concepts of UPSC Steno Exam Syllabus 2018 to secure expected marks in the exam. Aspirants should not waste their time in checking proper Syllabus of UPSC. Thus, the competitors can check and download to get the best way for their preparation.
Before planning for the preparation, all the applicants need to collect the relevant details of the UPSC Stenographer Syllabus 2018. In addition to this, the contenders can refer to the below table to get more clarification about the syllabus for the written test. So collect required and mandatory details from UPSC Stenographer Exam Syllabus 2018 to perform well in the exam.
Note: There are four alternatives for the answer to every question. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one third (0.33) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty. If a candidate gives more than one answer, it will be treated as a wrong answer even if one of the given answers happens to be correct and there will be same penalty as above for that question.
|UPSC Section Officer SO / Steno 2019 Syllabus & Exam Pattern Summary|
|Name of Exam||SO / Stenographer|
|Board of Organization||Union Public Service Commission UPSC|
|No of Vacancy||Update Soon|
|Date of Exam||14 Dec 2019|
- Written Examination
- Typing Test
- Personal Interview
- Document verification
Aspirants must follow below given Tips for preparation of written examination
- All candidates should give maximum time to their study regularly.
- Candidates should make their study time or schedule of the day and accordingly start to preparing i.e. make sure to divide your entire time between all related subjects and prepare accordingly daily.
- Candidates requires to maximum use of flow charts and diagram to understand deeply the concern topic.
- Candidates must regular practice to solve old year examination papers; with this you will be able to increase your knowledge as well as time accuracy.
- Group study is very useful to crack any written examination so we therefore advise to all concern contenders to make a group of eligible and suitable friends and study combindly one or two hour in a day and arise your question before them and explain your answer to others too.
- Time breaks is also essential while preparing hard for any written examination so after 2-3 hours study candidates should take a break of 15-20 minutes for mind fresh.
UPSC Section Officer SO / Stenographer 2019 Written Examination Details
Syllabus for UPSC SO / Stenographer 2019
Hindi Insight & writing ability
General Intelligence Test
PAPER – I
The paper will cover subjects of interest and importance in the present day. Questions will be set to test knowledge of the broad salient features of the Five Year Plans, Indian Economy and major Developmental Schemes as also intelligence awareness of current affairs both national and international.
A broad knowledge of the following aspects will also be expected.
- The principles of the Constitution of India
- Rules of procedure and Conduct of Business in Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha
- The organization of the machinery of the Govt. of India, Designation and allocation of subjects between Ministries, Departments and Attached & Subordinate Offices and their relation inter se.
- RTI Act, 2005.
PAPER – II
This paper is intended to be intensive and detailed test in methods and procedure of work in the Government of India Secretariat and attached offices. Detailed knowledge of General Financial and Service Rules viz., Conduct Rules, Leave Rules, TA Rules etc. will be tested. A list of Reference Books (which are however not exhaustive) are recommended.
(for Category I, IV,VIII & IX)
- Manual of office procedure (latest edition)
- Notes on office procedure issued by the Institute of Secretarial Training and Management.
- Handbook of orders regarding use of Hindi for official purpose of the Union issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs. (for Category I & IV only)
- Fundamental and Supplementary Rules (A.G.P.&T’s compilation, Chaudhury’s compilation, Swamy’s compilation).
- The Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules.
- The Central Civil Services (Conduct) Rules.
- The Central Civil Services (Classification, Control and Appeal) Rules.
- Central Civil Service (Leave) Rules.
- Compilation of the General Financial Rules, (Revised and Enlarged).
- Delegation of Financial Power Rules.
- Intelligence Bureau Standing Orders (for Category VIII only).
PAPER – III
- Candidates are required to prepare notes and drafts on specific problems and précis from a passage.
Exam Pattern for UPSC Section Officer SO / Stenographer 2019
- Written examination carrying maximum of 500 marks in the subjects as shown in para 2 below.
- A qualifying Shorthand test in Hindi or English at 100 w.p.m.
- All the candidates competing for Categories IV, V, VI, VII and IX will be required to take qualifying shorthand test at the time of the written examination. However, evaluation of record of service will be done of only those candidates who qualify both in the written examination as well as in the Shorthand Test.
- Candidates will be required to transcribe their shorthand notes on Computers (PCs) which will be provided at the Examination centre by the Commission.
- Evaluation of record of service carrying a maximum of 100 marks of candidates.
- who obtain such minimum qualifying marks in the written examination as may be fixed by the Commission in their discretion (for categories I, II, III and VIII); and
- who obtain such minimum qualifying marks in the written examination and the shorthand test as may be fixed by the Commission in their discretion (for Categories IV, V, VI, VII and IX).
- Marks obtained in evaluation of record of service will be counted for ranking.
Important Dates for 2019 UPSC Examination
Important Details available for UPSC Section Officer SO / Stenographer 2019
- Candidates exercising the option to answer the paper in Hindi (Devanagari) may, if they so desire, give English version within brackets of the description of the technical terms, if any, in addition to the Hindi version.
- The shorthand test in English/Hindi would comprise dictation test at the speed of 100 words per minute of ten minutes which the candidate will be required to transcribe in 40/55 minutes.
- Candidates must write the papers in their own hand. In no circumstances they will be allowed the help of a scribe to write the answers for them.
- Marks will not be allotted for mere superficial knowledge.
- Credit will be given for orderly, effective and exact expression combined with due economy of words in the subjective paper.
Related Examination Details for 2019 UPSC
- UPSC Engineering Services Preliminary Result 2019 | IES Prelims Result | ESE Pre Exam Results
- UPSC Engineering Services Preliminary Exam Answer Key 2019 | IES, ESE Prelims Solved Paper
- UPSC Engineering Service Prelims Admit Card / Hall Ticket 2019 | www.upsc.gov.in ESE Exam Date
- UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam Admit Card/Hall Ticket 2019 – UPSC IFS Prelims Exam Date
IDENTITY VERIFICATION for UPSC Section Officer SO / Stenographer 2019
The original certificates/documents of successful candidates will be verified for which dates will be notified after declaration of result. On the basis of written test, the provisionally qualified candidates will be required to produce original certificates of Essential and Desirable Qualifications along with one set of photocopy, duly attested,
No candidate will ordinarily be allowed to take the examination unless he/she holds an e-Admit Card for the examination. On downloading of Admit Card, check it carefully and bring discrepancies/errors, if any, to the notice of UPSC immediately.
- Certificates and Mark sheets of qualifying examinations.
- Aadhar card.
- Proof of Educational Qualifications.
- Date of Birth Certificate / S.S.C
- School Study Certificate
- Declaration by the Unemployed (For claiming examination fee exemption)
- No Objection Certificate from Employer (if anywhere employed)
Free Download UPSC Section Officer Previous Question Papers
- UPSC Steno Frequently Asked Questions and Answers | UPSC Previous Paper
- Last 10 Years UPSC Question Papers With Answers Pdf | UPSC Question Paper 2014 Pdf
- UPSC Question Paper 2015 | UPSC 2015 Question Paper | UPSC Paper 2015
- UPSC Question Paper 2016 | UPSC 2016 Question Paper | UPSC Paper 2016
- Previous Year Question Paper Of UPSC | UPSC Exam Question Paper
- UPSC 2017 Question Paper | UPSC Question Paper 2017 | UPSC Paper 2017
- UPSC Previous Year Papers | UPSC Exam Papers | UPSC Papers
- Free PDF of UPSC Previous Question Papers | UPSC Old Papers
- UPSC Previous Year Question Papers With Answers Pdf
- UPSC Previous Year Question Papers With Answers Free Download
UPSC Section Officer SO / Stenographer 2019 Recruitment – Check Here
UPSC Section Officer SO / Stenographer 2019 Notification – Check Here
UPSC Section Officer SO / Stenographer 2019 Admit Card / Hall Ticket – Check Here
How to Download UPSC Section Officer SO / Stenographer 2019 Admit Card / Hall Ticket
Visit official website www.upsc.gov.in
Find the link and open the page
Enter your registration no or date of birth
Show on your desktop for UPSC
Download UPSC Section Officer SO / Stenographer 2019 Interview Call Letter