West Bengal Public Service Commission WBPSC Civil Service Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2020 Download for PDF in Preliminary Previous Year Question Papers available here. WBCS Civil Service Prelims / Mains Exam Date and Exam Centre will be announced soon at online. Dear Candidates can able download WBPSC Civil Service 2020 WBCS Preliminary Exam Syllabus for Subject Wise get following the page. WBCS Civil Service Syllabus for Hindi pdf mentioned below the page. Candidates can able download WBPSC Civil Service selection List, WBPSC Civil Service Prelims / Mains Personality Test, WBPSC Civil Service Sample Papers, WBPSC Civil Service Model Papers, WBPSC Civil Service Prelims / Mains Previous Papers also check at below. And Are you searching for WBPSC Civil Service Prelims / Mains Answer key, Result, Cut off, Merit List available here.
Official Notification – Check Here
WBCS Civil Service 2020 Syllabus for PDF Download
I hope WBCS Syllabus download pdf will help you to get an idea of the Exam. Therefore, check the WBPSC Civil Service Exam Syllabus on this Page. On this Page, we have given the WBPSC Civil Services Prelims & Mains Exam Syllabus. So that Candidates can take the active Preparation in the Exam by preparing this WBPSC Civil Service Syllabus for their Preparation Process. The WBCS Syllabus will be active at the end of this page. Aspirants who are going to attend the Exam can check the West Bengal Civil Services Group A, B, C & D Syllabus.
|WBPSC Civil Service Preliminary / Mains Syllabus & Exam Pattern Summary|
|Name of Exam||Civil Service|
|Board of Organization||West Bengal Public Service Commission WBPSC|
|No of Vacancy||Updates Soon|
|Date of Exam||09 February 2020 (Preliminary) Tentative|
|Category||Syllabus & Exam Pattern|
A candidate who has been reported against by the Supervisor of the Examination Centre for violating any of the instructions will be punished with cancellation of candidature and also debarment from future examinations and selections as may be decided by the Commission according to the circumstances of the case.
If at any stage even after issue of the letter of appointment, a candidate is found ineligible in terms of advertisement his / her candidature will be cancelled without further reference to him / her.
Eligibility or Qualification
A candidate must have the following qualifications which should be clearly stated in the application. The qualifications prescribed in the advertisement are as per the notified recruitment rules issued by Govt. Candidates must fulfil the essential qualifications by the closing date.
A degree of a recognized University.
Exam Date & Exam Centre for 2020 Preliminary / Mains
The Preliminary Examination will be held at various centres in Kolkata and in certain other districts in West Bengal tentatively on the 09 February 2020. Only scheduled tribe candidates of Darjeeling district and other candidates of the three hill sub-divisions, namely Darjeeling Sadar, Mirik and Kurseong will be allowed to appear at Darjeeling centre.
The W.B.C.S. (Exe.) etc. Examination consists of two parts – (1) Written Examination and (2) Personality Test. Written Examination will be held in two successive stages, viz., (i) Preliminary Examination (Objective Type) and (ii) Main Examination (Both Objective and Conventional Type). A number of candidates to be selected on the results of the Preliminary Examination will be allowed admission to the Main Examination and a number of candidates to be selected on the results of the Main Examination will be called to appear at the Personality Test.
- Written Examination( Prelims & Mains )
- Personal Interview
- Document verification
Note: West Bengal Subordinate Land Revenue Service, Grade – I – No person shall be appointed to the service unless he has good working knowledge of the Bengali Language, written and spoken (candidates whose mother tongue is Nepali shall be exempted from this requirement, but will be required to pass, within a period of two years a departmental examination in Bengali). Selected candidates for West Bengal Subordinate land Revenue Service, Grade-I shall be appointed provisionally and shall undergo a period of six months’ in-service training during which they will draw the initial of the scale of pay and allowances as admissible.
WBPSC Civil Service 2020 Preliminary / Mains Preliminary Examination Details
Exam Pattern for WBPSC Civil Service Preliminary / Mains
|1||English Composition||25||2 hours 30 minutes|
|3||Current Events of National & International Importance||25|
|4||History of India||25|
|5||Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal||25|
|6||Indian Polity and Economy||25|
|7||Indian National Movement||25|
|8||General Mental Ability||25|
- The Preliminary Examination will consist of only one paper, viz., a paper on “General Studies”. The paper will be of an objective type consisting of 200 multiple-choice questions. The paper will carry 200 marks and will be of 21⁄2 hours duration.
- The standard of the paper will be of the level of knowledge as expected of a graduate of any faculty of a recognized University. The paper will include questions covering the following fields of knowledge.
- The Preliminary Examination is meant to serve as a Screening Test only for the purpose of selection of candidates for the Main Examination. The marks obtained in this examination by the candidates will not be considered for final selection. Only those candidates who will be declared qualified at the Preliminary Examination in a year shall be eligible for admission to the W.B.C.S. (Exe.) etc.(Main) Examination of that year.
|1||Written Test||I||Bengali/ Hindi/ Urdu/ Nepali/ Santali||200||3 hours|
|III||General Studies – I||200||3 hours|
|IV||General Studies – II||200||3 hours|
|V||Indian Constitution & Indian Economy||200||3 hours|
|VI||Arithmetic & Test of Reasoning||200||3 hours|
|VII||Optional Subject (Paper – I)||200||3 hours|
|VIII||Optional Subject (Paper – II)||200||3 hours|
|2||Personality Test||200 Marks|
- The Main Examination shall consist of six Compulsory papers and one optional subject consisting of two papers (Only for candidates applying for group A and / or B) to be chosen by the candidates from the list of optional subjects given below. There will be two papers of the optional subject of 200 marks each. Each paper, Compulsory or Optional, will carry 200 marks and will be of 3 hours duration.
- Out of six compulsory papers four papers i.e. (i) General Studies- I, (ii) General Studies- II, (iii) The Constitution of India and Indian Economy including role and functions of Reserve Bank of India and (iv) Arithmetic and Test of Reasoning will be of MCQ Type to be answered in OMR answer sheets and remaining two compulsory papers i.e. Paper – I and Paper – II will be of conventional type written examination.
Syllabus for WBPSC Civil Service Preliminary
- English Composition 25 Marks
- General Science
- Current events of National & International Importance
- History of India
- Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal
- Indian Polity and Economy
- Indian National Movement
- General Mental Ability
WBCS Prelims Syllabus 2020
Download the WBPSC Civil Service Exam Syllabus along with the previous Papers. Practice the given old papers for WB.C.S Exam to answer more questions in the Exam.
- Idioms and Phrases
- Vocabulary test
- Phrasal Verbs
- The same words are bearing more than one meaning.
- Use of appropriate and qualifying words etc
- General appreciation and understanding of science.
- Including matters of everyday observation and experience.
- Emphasis will be on the broad general understanding of the subject in its social.
- Economic and political aspects.
Geography of India
- Social and Economic Geography of the country.
- Including the main features of Indian Agricultural and Natural Resources with special reference to West Bengal.
Indian Polity and Economy
- Knowledge of the country‘s Political System.
- Panchayati Raj
- Community Development and Planning in India.
Indian National Movement
- Nature and character of the Nineteenth Century Resurgence.
- The Growth of Nationalism and Attainment of Independence.
General Mental Ability
- Logical perception
- Natural conclusion.
Syllabus for WBPSC Civil Service 2020 Main Exam
Paper I : Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali – Letter writing (within 150 words) / Drafting of Report (within 200 words), Précis Writing, Composition and Translation from English to Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali
Paper II : English – Letter writing (within 150 words) / Drafting of Report (within 200 words), Précis Writing, Composition and Translation from Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali to English
Paper III : General Studies-I : (i) Indian History with special emphasis on National Movement and (ii) Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal.
Paper IV : General Studies-II : Science and Scientific & Technological advancement, Environment, General Knowledge and Current Affairs.
Paper V : The Constitution of India and Indian Economy including role and functions of the Reserve Bank of India.
Paper VI : Arithmetic and Test of Reasoning.
Bengali/ Hindi/ Urdu/ Nepali/ Santali Syllabus
- Letter Writing.
- Precis Writing.
- Drafting of Report.
- Translation from English to Bengali/ Hindi/ Urdu/ Nepali/ Santali etc.
West Bengal PSC Civil Services Main Exam Syllabus for English
- Letter writing.
- Drafting of Report.
- Precis Writing.
- Translation from Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali to English etc.
WB.C.S Exam Syllabus for General Studies
- Indian History.
- Geography of India.
- Indian National Movement.
- General Science.
- Geography of West Bengal.
- Scientific & Technological Advancement.
- Global Warming.
- Biodiversity and Coastal Regulation Zone.
- Ozone Layer & related issues
- Industrial & Environmental Pollution.
- Current Affairs – National & International
- General Knowledge etc.
WBPSC Civil Services Exam Syllabus for Paper V
- Constitution of India.
- Role & Functions of RBI.
- Indian Economy.
- Planning process & Objectives of five years plan.
- Central State Relation.
- Central Finance Commission.
- Functions of RBI and Monetary Policy.
- Fiscal Policy of Government of India.
- State Finance Commission.
West Bengal PSC Civil Service Main Exam Syllabus for Arithmetic & Test of Reasoning
- Data Sufficiency.
- Logical Deduction.
- Logical Reasoning.
- The implication of sentences.
- The forcefulness of the Arguments.
- Letter Series.
- Diagrams Series.
- Data Sufficiency.
- Number series.
- Analogy tests.
- Data Interpretation.
- Mathematical puzzles.
- Symbol Interpretation.
- Perception test.
- The Odd man out.
- Non-verbal reasoning etc.
WBPSC Civil Services Main Exam Syllabus for Optional Subject
The West Bengal PSC Civil Services Mains Optional Subject Syllabus is given below to download. Aspirants have to choose a subject from the following Subjects as Optional Papers VII & VIII.
- Comparative Literature.
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science.
- Civil Engineering.
- Commerce and Accountancy.
- Computer Science.
- Electrical Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Medical Science.
- Political Science.
Written Exam Preparation Tips
Every Recruitment departments wish to select the candidate who have best knowledge, working skills, and abilities to learn more for their organization better results. And in view of that department invites an applications form from eligible contenders and arranged a written examination to check aspirant’s knowledge, skills and written ability.
Here on this page candidates can get the very easy tips/tricks about Preparation of Written Examination which will be very handy for all eligible candidates to crack any sort of written examination.
IDENTITY VERIFICATION for WBPSC Civil Service Preliminary / Mains
The original certificates/documents of successful candidates will be verified for which dates will be notified after declaration of result. On the basis of written test, the provisionally qualified candidates will be required to produce original certificates of Essential and Desirable Qualifications along with one set of photocopy, duly attested,
The candidate’s identity will be verified with respect to his/her details on the call letter and in the Attendance List. If identity of the candidate is in doubt the candidate will not be allowed to appear for the Online Examination.
- Certificates and Mark sheets of qualifying examinations.
- Aadhar card.
- Proof of Educational Qualifications.
- Date of Birth Certificate / S.S.C
- School Study Certificate
- Declaration by the Unemployed (For claiming examination fee exemption)
- No Objection Certificate from Employer (if anywhere employed).